With New York City seemingly flooded with vintage boutiques, consignment shops and thrift stores, Everyone always asks, “Where do you get your threads?”
Check out my top 10 “go-to” list when thrifting in NYC!
1. Housing Works- Buy The Bag– Park Slope, Brooklyn
Everything you can fit into a bag for 25 bucks! Once I scored 49 pieces in one bag- do that math! This stop is all about the patient digger.
2. Goodwill Outlet- LIC– Queens
This thrift visit is worth every moment on the train to get there. Endless rows of clothing, housewares, shoes and accessories for under $2!
3. Unique Thrift Stores-Various Locations
12 locations in NY & NJ and Mondays and Wednesdays are 25% off everything in store. I hit the Downtown Brooklyn location most often for clothing and housewares.
4. No Relation/ L Train Vintage– Various Locations
I love the 1st Avenue location for their low prices and variety of denim, jackets and boots!
5. Salvation Army- 46th Street– NYC
Closest thrift store to my job… enough said! I found my Holiday Party outfit here for under 10 bucks! Wednesdays are 50% off everything!
6. Beacon’s Closet-Various Locations
I go straight to the shoes at the Park Slope location on 5th Ave. Peep the Asos Platforms I scored for under $20 this Summer.
7. Out of The Closet– Boerum Hill, Brooklyn
I have partnered with Out of The Closet for numerous thrift events. Prices are super reasonable and free HIV Testing while you shop.
8. Finderz Keeperz Vintage Apparel-West 116th St, NYC
Harlem’s hidden gem, small and quaint, has the best selection of sequin dresses, tops and accessories that I have ever seen!
9. 10 Ft Single By Stella Dallas– Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Tucked under the BQE this vintage store has an extensive selection of everything vintage- graphic tees, overalls, Converse, printed dresses, rompers and more.
10. Goodwill– Livingston St.- Brooklyn
This store and donation center is right off the A/C train Downtown Brooklyn, which makes it an easy spot to pick up last minute thrift finds.
Did your favorite location make the list? If not, comment below- I’m always on the search for new spots.
Peace & Positive Vibes